500 Solopreneurs Looking to Find Intergenerational Partners and Funding
How to find the right intergenerational co-founder or business partner for you
Why angel investors like to invest in intergenerational-teamed startups
(2) introductions to prospective partners (before the Summit)
(2) thirty minute consultations to perfect your pitch or executive summary (one before the Summit and one after)
Advice from angels why they like to invest in intergenerational startups
Lots of intergenerational networking
Actionable content from intergenerational presenters
Walk Away with $1,000
If you're one of five winners of our pitch competition
(Each winner will walk away with $1,000)
Agenda: Friday, October 12th
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Registration, Networking With Coffee and Refreshments
9:00 a.m. – 9:10 a.m
Opening Remarks, Jim Sugarman, Co-Founder, 4GenNow
The 4GenNow RoadMap for Solopreneurs to Find Intergenerational Business Partners and Investors
9:15 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
Find Your Intergenerational Business Partner
Intergenerational Speed Networking
10:00 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
Amy Lynch, Keynote
Intergenerational Expert, Author, Founder of Generational Edge
"Build in Resilience and Agility with Cross-Generational Founders and Investors"
10:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
"Rapid Fire" Intergenerational Startup Pitch Session
$1,000 Will Be Awarded to (5) Winners
(30) Solopreneurs who have an intergenerational business partner OR who are highly motivated to find an intergenerational business partner to pitch for (1) minute.
Once you've registered, email your one page executive summary.
4GenNow will announce the pitch contestants by October 5th.
11:30 a.m. - Noon
"Rapid Fire" Find your Intergenerational Business Partner
Share what you do/your business idea
Explain the skill sets, perspectives and/or attributes you're looking for
in an intergenerational business partner
We're looking for up to (30) Solopreneurs to participate
12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
Sponsor Educational Round Table Presentations
Find your 3rd Party Service Provider to Become More Profitable
12:50 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Peter Adams, Lunch Keynote
Director, Rockies Venture Fund I, LP, Executive Director, Rockies Venture Club:
"What VC's Look for in Co-Founders, Why Investing in MultiGenerational Teams is Important"
1:50 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.
Startup Financing Panel Discussion
"Our biggest startup problem in Colorado, says Peter Adams, is capital. “We have a huge supply of startups and not enough capital in the state. We have 20,000 accredited investors here and fewer than 1,000 of them are investing in this state.”
Partial List of Panelists:
Ceyl Prinster, President of Colorado Enterprise Fund
2:30 p.m. – 2:40 p.m.
2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Intergenerational Round Tables (partial list)
Where are you on the Solopreneur Roadmap to Find Your Intergenerational Business Partners and Investors?
(4) Generations of Solopreneurs (Gen Z, Millennial, Gen X and Boomer) sit and discuss opportunities and challenges
Participate in multiple Round Table discussions of interest!
- How do I start my company
- How do I come up with my my Minimal Viable product
- Why intergenerational-teamed startups are more likely to bring products/services to market that are needed than solopreneurs
- What business structure is right for me
- 4 key values every generation can relate to
- Solving the Generational Technology Gap
- Best types of 3rd party service providers for startups
- What is the optimal number of co-founders
- How to prepare to find your intergenerational business partner
- How do I begin to hire employees or subcontractors?
- What are the choices and pros/cons of various legal structures
- Key compatibility qualities to look for in an intergenerational business partner
- How to evaluate prospective intergenerational business co-founders/partners skill sets
- Selecting the most appropriate startup team/legal structure
- Funding my company: what are the main differences between debt and equity financing
- How to accurately measure "pre-money" valuation to investors
- How to make your elevator pitch investor ready
- How to make your executive pitch investor ready
- Mistakes to avoid when establishing an advisory board
3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Intergenerational Story Telling
Intergenerational Co-Founders and Business Partners Share Their Success Stories (and Challenges) in launching and growing their businesses
Intergenerational Startup Pitch Competition (5) Winners Announced
Each Presented with $1,000 Checks
Wrap Up, Next Steps to Find Your Intergenerational Business Partner and Investors
9am - 4pm Friday October 12, 2018
CU South Denver
10035 S Peoria St, Lone Tree, CO 80134
(The location is formerly The Wildlife Experience Museum)
Meet the Keynote Speakers
Amy Lynch, notable intergenerational expert, author and keynoter, on “Build in Resilience and Agility with Cross-Generational Founders and Investors along with practical advice on how to improve your communications skills in a generational office environment.
Peter Adams, Executive Director, Rockies Venture Club and Managing Director of the Rockies Venture Fund, on "What Venture Capitalists Look for in Co-Founders and Why Investing in Multigenerational Teams is Critical. "
Testimonials from Last Year:
Michael Knight, CEO, Prime Capital Connections
"I would venture to say that 4GenNow did not drop a "Pebble in the Pond" in Denver, but rather a large boulder in a very large pool of entrepreneurial zeitgeist, representing the tip of the iceberg of what is going on in the startup communities in the U.S. and other countries as well. This was a renaissance of creativity, collaboration and impactful new ideas and inventions."
What's NEW this Year?
(30 minute) one-on-one consultation to perfect your elevator pitch or executive summary for investors: this alone could help for you to walk away with a $1,000 check!
(2) Introductions to potential intergenerational business partners before you even walk through the Doors. What could finding a business partner mean to your business?
500 intergenerational solopreneurs expected to attend (over twice last year's number); what this means is twice the number of prospective business partners to meet
(2) Intergenerational speed networking sessions
Rapid fire pitch presentations: 30 attendees will participate in a rapid fire pitch competition (Audience selects the winners)
Five winners will receive checks in the amount of $1,000/each
Free Parking directly outside the venue
- (30 minute) one-on-one consultation to perfect your elevator pitch or executive summary for investors before AND after the Summit
Discount to join our online platform to match you with your intergenerational business partners
How could finding an intergenerational co-founder or business partner ignite your business within the next year?
There's no other Summit where solopreneurs from four generations can meet and learn from each other... pitch to attendees and angels... and get advice from angels on why intergenerational teams are more successful than solopreneurs.